Our coalition has existed and grown since 2016 when we came together to give voice to the broad swath of community members opposed to building a new police headquarters with $70 million of our tax dollars. As we listened to Durham residents, Durham Beyond Policing coalition gathered over 500 signatures on a petition opposing the new police headquarters. We held a town hall forum, a rally, weekly pickets alongside Durham city workers for several months, and canvassed areas in East Durham, NC Central University, and the Bus Station to pass along our petition and gather stories about incidents between residents and the police.
While any amount makes a significant difference to this work, recurring monthly donations provide stability and ongoing investment that enable us to grow and expand. Please consider giving monthly!
- $5 / month - Provides childcare at one DBP meeting
- $10 / month - Pays an East Durham neighbor for their contribution to the Community Design Project
- $15 / month - Sponsors an interpreter for the People's Budget Assembly
- $30 / month - Compensates a local artist to document a DBP action through photography and storytelling
- $50/ month - Helps us gather for our membership for strategic planning retreats
- $100/ month - Allows us to rent out space for our #FreeOurFam popular education events
To support our work, please make a donation using the form below.